Thursday, September 17, 2009

Love You Back

I wrote this a couple years ago but I decided to repost it because i think it is something that everyone should read and take to heart!

A few nights ago I was sitting in my hotel room and I decided to go across the street to a McDonalds to get something to eat. Just after I ordered my food I went and sat down at a table. There wasn't anyone else in the restaurant except one other couple. This McDonalds was fixed up pretty nice. Unlike a lot of the other ones. It had a lot of really nice art design on the inside. It had some really neat pictures and some that appeared to be hand sketches. But as I was sitting there waiting on my food a man walked in. This man was grey hair and had very dirty clothes on. He was carrying a couple of sacks of different things. He had a blanket and a heavy jacket wrapped up under one arm. It was obvious that he was homeless. But as he came in he looked in my direction and kinda stopped. And I thought, dang, I hope he don't come over here and bother me. But he didn't. he glanced further around the room and then headed to a table that was directly under one of the pictures that was on the wall. He walked over, put his things down and walked slowly to the restroom. As he walked out you could tell he had washed his hands. He proceeded to the counter and ordered a cup of coffee paid with multiple coins and then walked to his table. But as he walked toward the table I noticed that he didn't take his eyes off of the picture above. And as he got to the table he stopped and stared at the picture for a couple minutes. Finaly he went to sit down but he positioned his chair so that while he was sitting he could look directly at this picture. The whole time he was sitting and drinking his coffee he never took his eyes off of this picture. I wasn't trying to stare or be nosey but I kept watching him wondering what was so intresting about the picture. As I watched I noticed a couple of tears run down the mans face. My heart broke. The picture was of a man holding a woman. They were both smiling and laughing as there eyes were locked on to each other. Then thoughts started running through my mind. This picture reminded me of my relationship. Then I realized why the man was so captured by the picture. It reminded him of something too. I don't know what he was thinking. But maybe it reminded him of his life in an earlier time. Maybe it reminded him of when time was a little more simple. When he was young and in love with someone who loved him back. Maybe even when he was married and had everything he ever wanted. Maybe it reminded him of just having a friend that he was happy with. Maybe someone he used to hold. Maybe it reminded him of seeing his parents together when he was a young child. It could have reminded him of nothing more than when he had someone that he cared for and that cared for him back. I will never know what he was thinking. But I bet that I have an idea. I don't know what kind of event that may have played out to cause this guy to loose everything he had. It could have even been bad decisions on his part. But what I do know is that he misses having some kind of love in his life. Whether it be a wife, or just his family that he came from. And the saddest thing that ran through my mind was that this man will likely die one day and no one will ever even know about it. He obviously has no one to go to, no where to go home to, no one to call and talk about how bad things are going, Nothing!!! Everything this man has fits into two small bags. No cell phone, no ipod, no laptop, Nothing! We forget everyday how blessed we are. Most of all we forget that everyone has someone that loves them back. Some of you may not be married or in a serious relationship but you still have something that others don't have. It may be your good health, or a beautiful, healthy child. It could be a loving family, or a close friend, it could be anything. But the most important thing is that no matter what we have someone that will always care and will always love us no matter what. That is something that we can never forget. Someone loves you back!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice baby....there are many sad stories in this world and so many people who share this man's fate or story. One blessed day, all of the suffering of this world will be over. We will be in heaven together and with our amazing Savior, Jesus. I pray this man finds the way to true peace and happiness through Christ. Thanks for sharing...Love ya.

    ReplyDelete